Saturday, January 29, 2011

A heavy heart.

Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are not grapes on the vines,
Though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
Though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The sovereign Lord is my strength.

My version:
Though My grandfather is in the hospital,
Though my Aunt passed away last night after a long battle with cancer leaving behind my uncle and sweet cousin,
And though the nation of Egypt is in turmoil,
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The sovereign Lord is my strength.

So, while I worry and grieve, I find joy in knowing that my Aunt has been set free from pain and from the body that has been weighing her down for so long, and I find joy in knowing that same hopeful future has been made available to all, including my grandfather and my friends in Egypt.

No comments: